At Orthopedic and Wellness, we want you to know that you can trust us to provide prompt, effective treatment and maintain clear, ongoing communication with you while your patient is under our care. Our staff and physicians provide timely diagnostic and progress reports, and welcome your input and perspective. We value this kind of multi-disciplinary approach because it helps ensure the very best care and results for our mutual patients.
Physician Fast Track Form
How to make a referral
- Fax written referral, your clinic's consultation notes stating the purpose of your referral along with the MRI/CT scan to New Patient Coordinator Department
t: 240.629.3938 f: 240.629.3940.
- Once information is received, the pain clinic staff will contact the patient for a consultation appointment.
- Patients can eat prior to their consultation appointment. Instructions for diet prior to procedures will be given at the consultation appointment.
- All aspirin products should be stopped 7 days prior to an injection. This also includes Plavix and Pletal.
- Diabetics should work with their PCPs to help manage diabetes.
- Coumadin will be stopped 4-5 days in advance and a prothrombin time will be drawn prior to an appointment. Coumadin should not be stopped until an appointment for procedure is determined.
- Patients are responsible for contacting their insurance company for prior approval of any appointment or procedure.
- Patients should have a driver accompany them to each pain clinic appointment.
- Consultation and/or procedure appointments will take approximately 1-1/2 hours each.